Hello there! Thanks for exploring my digital abode. If I had to describe myself in one word I would say creative. Not that I believe a person can be defined by a simple label, but the term “creative” encompasses so many different aspects, I feel that it is most fitting for me.
I draw, design, explore, dream and strive to live life to the fullest most of all. Whether it’s coding CSS or baking cakes, my life is about exploring, having fun, learning and evolving.
My formal education stems from very left-brain subjects like mathematics and computer science. But my life education took me into right-brain subjects like illustration, digital design and the love of music.
But if introductions serve to break the ice and ultimately find common ground, perhaps it’s enough for me to say that I am human, on this Earth, living this life, in today’s world… just like you.
THE DESIGNER + ILLUSTRATOR + ARTIST
My first job was in web design while attending university, a nice mix of geeky programming and creative design. After graduating I branched into the realm of computer art and swiftly found myself working in tech companies as their graphic/web designer to technical project manager.
I very much enjoyed my experiences working for “the man” from small local companies to the giant that is The Walt Disney Company. I met wonderful people and learned a whole lot. However, more than anything I ultimately learned that I was not meant for the 9 to 5 (or 9 to 9 quite often). So I left it all behind, moved to Italy, got married and became freelance.
Although I had many years of digital design under my belt, my drawing skills came into maturity later in life. With the freedom of freelance, I allowed myself to learn new skills and develop my personal style of illustration. I revived my art school sensitivities and participated in art shows, finally working my way to selling my artwork and accepting illustration commissions.
I believe the life of a designer and illustrator go hand in hand today. We bridge the gap between digital and handmade work. Ultimately, we use whatever tools we see fit to bring our creative vision to life. And what is creation if not Art?
For official resume-ish information check my Linked In profile.
- 2003 Post-Bac in Computer Art, Studio Art Centers International, Florence, Italy
- 2002 B.A. in Mathematics, Computer Science Concentration, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- 2012 CACCIUCCO 10 years after SACI, Jules Maidoff Gallery, Firenze, Italy
- 2009 No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2009 Up Up and Away Super Hero Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2009 Oh, The Art You Will See! Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2008 Itty Bitty Art: Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2008 all-a-board Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2008 Sugar Rush: An All Girl Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2007 Welcome to Dollywood: Handmade Plush & Doll Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2006 Delicious Vinyl Group Show, Monkeyhouse Toys & Art Gallery, Los Angeles, California
- 2003 Caccuicco!, SACI Graduate Exhibition, Florence, Italy
- 2003 Fearless, La Corte Arte Contemporanea, Florence, Italy
- 2002 December Stories Untold, La Corte Arte Contemporanea, Florence, Italy
- 2002 Environ-Mental Detector Outdoor Installation, SACI garden, Florence, Italy